- "Brazil has a very large manufacturing base of vehicles and auto parts"
Latin America. We spoke with Arthur Strommer de Farias, vice president of Metalúrgica Termo-Eléctrica (MTE), a company with more than 60 years of tradition as a supplier of automotive parts in Brazil that will be present at AutoAméricas.
- Voting is now open for the CALA Awards for Best Mechanical Workshop!
Latin America. As part of the CALA Awards, the finalists who will compete for the award for Best Mechanical Workshop have been announced.
- Volkswagen de Mexico announces investment to transition to the era of electromobility
Mexico. The president and CEO of Volkswagen de Mexico, Holger Nestler, announced Volkswagen's entry into the era of electromobility, with a second investment package close to one billion dollars.
- Japanese Automotive Cable Maker Inaugurates Mexico Plant
Mexico. With an investment of 10 million dollars in its initial phase, Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems inaugurated the Contec-Tabasco plant, the first in the automotive sector of Japanese origin in the state.
- Lucas Oil Announces New Chief Executive Officer and President
United States. Lucas Oil Products, a distributor of additives and lubricants for high-performance automobiles, announced the promotion of Morgan Lucas to CEO and Katie Lucas to President.
- CES 2024 Proved the Future of Cars Will Be Defined by AI: IDTechEx
United States. IDTechEx's new report, "Future Automotive Technologies 2024-2034: Applications, Megatrends, Forecasts," highlights the biggest changes that will occur in automobiles over the next ten years. By James Jeffs, Senior Technology Analyst at IDTechEx
- AMR 2024 Addresses Sustainable Development Trends for China's Aftermarket
China. As a veteran platform for sourcing in the automotive aftermarket, the Auto Maintenance and Repair Expo (AMR) will address the environmental and sustainable trends currently dominating developments in the industry.
- MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers Announces Reman Roadshow & Annual Conference
United States. MEMA Aftermarket Suppliers announced that the 2024 annual conference and remanufacturing tour will be held June 25-26, 2024 in Greenville, South Carolina.
- AutoAméricas Confirms Speakers for Academic Congress
Latin America. A series of experts from the auto parts industry are leading the academic program of the second edition of AutoAmericas, to be held March 7-8 at the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC).
- CALA Awards will award the best mechanic workshop during the Autoaméricas congress
Latin America. CALA Awards has decided to highlight and reward excellence in the automotive sector with a special focus on mechanical workshops.