- Valeo announced new production plant in Mexico
Mexico. Together, executives in Mexico of Valeo announced the project of the fourteenth plant of the company to be installed in the country, specifically in the municipality of Lerma in Toluca.
- Merx Truck & Trailer Acquires North Texas Fleet Services
United States. Truck & trailer repair and maintenance service provider Merx Truck & Trailer announced that it recently acquired North Texas Fleet Services, which has been providing truck and trailer maintenance and repair services since 2006.
- Mahle Motorsport hires new marketing manager
United States. Mahle Motorsport, the performance division of Mahle North America, has announced the addition of former Hot Rod magazine editor Rob Kinnan as the company's marketing manager.
- REV Group appoints Mark Skonieczny as CEO
United States. REV Group, a designer and manufacturer of special vehicles, announced the appointment of Mark Skonieczny as President and Chief Executive Officer.
- BMW Group America announces organizational changes at Mini Latin America
Latin America. Arturo Orenday is appointed director of Mini for the Latin American region effective June 1.
- Myers Tire Supply introduces MTS Xpress
United States. Myers Tire Supply has announced the launch of MTS Xpress, a proprietary platform to help customers gain control while consolidating their purchases and optimizing their inventories.
- PPG Launches Industrial and Automotive Paint Film Solutions
International. PPG announced that it will deliver clear film and paint solutions for industrial and automotive customers through PPG Advanced Surface Technologies.
- AkzoNobel has a digital solution for process management in workshops
United States. AkzoNobel announced that its automotive refinish customers are undergoing a digital transformation through Carbeat, a data-driven digital project management process that simplifies shop floor workflow.
- Kia to build electric car plant in Nuevo Leon
Mexico. According to Nuevo Leon Governor Samuel Garcia, Korean automaker Kia will install a new electric vehicle production plant in this state.
- Aftermarket Industry Mourns Passing of Glenn J. Hamblett
International. Glenn J. Hamblett, 67, of Wareham, passed away Friday, May 12, 2023, at his home after a long illness.
- Catalytic converters, more relevant than ever
As part of the car's exhaust system, this device transforms the hydrocarbons found in the combustion gases into water and carbon dioxide.
- "We remain the specialist in automotive chemistry"
Liqui Moly Managing Director Günter Hiermaier talks about electromobility, growth in shrinking markets and the future of the company.
- The agility of the automotive sector today
The global disruption caused by Covid-19 left an indisputable lesson: Agility is indispensable, it is the secret of resilience and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes. By José Rivero*
- Latino Startups Make Their Way in U.S.
Three Venezuelan businessmen tell what it has been like to build a brand and make themselves known in the US aftermarket.
- The latest technologies on the market were exhibited in Frankfurt
International. Visitors showed great interest in the new 'Innovation4Mobility' showcase, which covered topics such as battery technology, alternative propulsion systems, hydrogen, solar technology, e-commerce and connected vehicles.
- "The USMCA increased the need for auto parts from 62.5% to 75%"
Latin America. In an exclusive interview, the president of the INA gave us his impressions on what the last INA PAACE fair left behind, as well as the impact of the USMCA together with nearshoring and the generation of talent to surpass Germany and be the fourth world producer of auto parts.
- Today's Wheel Speed Sensors
Wheel speed sensors have changed over the years, as have diagnostic aids. While oscilloscopes are great diagnostic tools, it's no longer common to see technicians drive them to diagnose problems with the wheel speed sensor in newer vehicles. By Taylor Wolff
- Common tips and tricks for chassis repair
Almost every technician has common tips and tricks for chassis repair that your fellow alignment, chassis, and service technicians could sit down and discuss for weeks. When you work in a workshop with workshop policies and procedures, in addition to your own habits, likes and dislikes, it seems that things are always done a certain way. By...